1) The Ptolemys are the most dysfunctional family I have ever read about. Worse than the Borgias, and that’s saying something.
2) The emperor Tiberius allegedly had trained underwater fellators. Which…why? Is that a kink, or just something you do to show off the fact that you’re rich enough to train and hire people to blow you underwater?
Also, apparently he fucked a lot of noble boys, including future emperor-for-like-half-a-year, Galba. Awkward.
3)I’m betting the story about how Tiberius had a baby flogged for crying while he passed by is apocryphal. Even so, I really shouldn’t find it funny. At all.
But…can you imagine given that order to your guards? “Prefect, flog that baby!” That, my friends, is when you know you’ve hit rock bottom.
ETA: 4) I really should mark this journal as "view with discretion" so I can talk about underwater blow jobs and baby flogging with a clear conscience.
(no subject)
Date: 2018-12-17 05:10 pm (UTC)