Blargh, cramps. Dun wanna write much tonight.
Very brief impression of Rome eps 2-4: Octavian is precious and adorable and can the show be all about him? I also love Cato’s twitchy rage face; it can co-star in the Octavian show. Vorenus and Pullo are married. End of story. I just assume that every scene they are in ends in off-screen sex. Niobe is gorgeous and I want nice things for her (but not holding my breath). Atia is - the only character so far who is nothing like what I know of the historical person. Sigh.
For a moment in one scene I thought I saw a bust of Antinous in the hangout of Pompey and pals, which would be weird and anachronistic since Antinous lived in the second century C.E. I can see two options:
1) I was wrong, and it was a bust of Alexander the Great or some other pretty Grecian boy
or
2) Hadrian made so many statues of Antinous that they warped the very fabric of space time and some of them fell through into the mid-first century B.C.E.
I know which theory I’m sticking with.
Very brief impression of Rome eps 2-4: Octavian is precious and adorable and can the show be all about him? I also love Cato’s twitchy rage face; it can co-star in the Octavian show. Vorenus and Pullo are married. End of story. I just assume that every scene they are in ends in off-screen sex. Niobe is gorgeous and I want nice things for her (but not holding my breath). Atia is - the only character so far who is nothing like what I know of the historical person. Sigh.
For a moment in one scene I thought I saw a bust of Antinous in the hangout of Pompey and pals, which would be weird and anachronistic since Antinous lived in the second century C.E. I can see two options:
1) I was wrong, and it was a bust of Alexander the Great or some other pretty Grecian boy
or
2) Hadrian made so many statues of Antinous that they warped the very fabric of space time and some of them fell through into the mid-first century B.C.E.
I know which theory I’m sticking with.